- Stylish blue, lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable, reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance, and come wrapped in Dunlop® MX3S tires for exceptional traction.
- Big 220mm and 190mm disc brakes offer precise control and one-finger stopping power.
- Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) for broad, tractable power
- Potent, easy-to-service two-stroke engine
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed, close-ratio transmission
- Compact, semi-double-cradle, single-backbone steel frame
- Race-ready, fully adjustable suspension
- Aggressive YZ styling
- Adjustable rider ergonomics
- High-spec wheels and brakes
Optimized Air Intake Design
- Optimized intake design allows for a straighter, more efficient draw of air into the intake tract.
Lightweight, compact, 85 cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
The crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for improved air/fuel flow, which inhales through a 28mm Hitachi Astemo® Keihin flat-slide carburetor for seamless throttle response.
Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS).
- Mechanical power valve system delivers effective exhaust timing throughout the entire rev range
- Provides excellent power and torque characteristics
- Boosts compression ratio and power output
- Delivers responsive acceleration just as the rider intends
- Slit-shaped valve on the side of the exhaust port operates in response to engine rpm
- In low-to-mid-rpm range when exhaust timing is slower, valve moves to cover the top part of the exhaust port
- In high rpm range when quick exhaust timing is needed, valve recedes and exhaust port is fully uncovered
- Shifting is reduced due to broad powerband
Lightweight, forged piston.
- less reciprocating mass and less friction for a faster revving engine
- excellent durability
CDI ignition system.
- provides a hot, precise spark for fast sure starts
- provides optimal timing for quicker, stronger response at all rpms
Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission.
- involute design increases the surface area contact between the gears
- special involute splines on main and drive shafts provide maximum engagement/hook-up for each gear for smoother, more positive shifts
- gear ratios are well matched to engine output
- Gear dimensions optimized for YPVS engine performance
Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
Quick-remove, clutch sub-cover.
Lightweight radiator with high-capacity cores and special louvers to direct the air through the rad.
- maximum cooling efficiency
Large-capacity airbox with washable, dual-stage, foam filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
Lightweight exhaust system.
- expansion chamber designed to match the output of YPVS engine
- aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels
The aluminum swingarm is designed to balance longitudinal and torsional rigidity
A removable rear subframe constructed from lightweight, high-strength aluminum reduces weight.
A flat seat and narrow fuel tank design, along with smoothly integrated body panels and slimmer shroud width, combine to enable greater freedom of movement forward and back.
Allowing the rider to easily shift body weight for increased control and confidence.
Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame.
- blend of light weight and good strength
- minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm.
- composite chain guide and updated chain adjusters provide easier maintenance
- provides excellent rear-wheel control and traction
Adjustable 36 mm inverted KYB fork with 275 mm (10.8 in) of wheel travel.
- low-friction outer tubes and internals are similar to full-size YZ models
- 20 clicks of both compression and rebound damping
- adjustable design allows suspension settings to match rider weight, rider style and track conditions
- YZ125 / 250-based "big bike" valving and low-friction fork seals
- smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance and handling
- front fork guard redesigned with brake hose outside of fork guard
Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension provides 282 mm (11.1 in) of wheel travel.
- Kayaba piggyback shock reduces shock temperatures during a long moto for fade resistant damping and consistent performance.
- adjustments include "threaded" spring preload, 15 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping
- optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories
220 mm front stainless steel wave front disc with twin-piston caliper.
- delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
Tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable crown.
"Shorty-style" adjustable front brake lever.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes
Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes.
190 mm stainless steel rear disc brake squeezed by a single piston caliper.
- Excellent stopping power
- caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector
Lightweight, blue 17-inch front and 14-inch rear DID rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Dunlop MX3S knobby tires offer exceptional traction
Modern, aggressive, slim line bodywork.
- slim body design for excellent freedom of movement and rider mobility
- Sharp Graphics Scheme
- Inspired by its YZ125 sibling, a new graphics scheme highlights the YZ's unmatched racing pedigree. Premium Yamaha Blue and dark blue graphics are now embedded to provide excellent durability and scratch resistance.
- The four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebar allow the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences.
- Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability
- Serrated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip
- Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs offer good grip
- Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life and smooth operation
- Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers to reduce dirt, mud and water entry for durability
- Convenient lifting holes in side cover
- Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing and also protects rear sprocket
- E10 friendly fuel system components